Wait a minute, did these come out of my kitchen? I briefly considered not posting these bite-sized corn dogs for a variety of lame reasons, but they were so GOOD! And so easy to make!
I don’t use mixes and I rarely buy hot dogs, but I kept seeing pictures of these online and they looked cute. A few of the people who live under this roof are crazy about corn dogs, so I thought I would give it a try. I bought my first ever box of Jiffy cornbread mix along with some Hebrew National hotdogs. After minimal preparation (no kidding) they came out of the oven, I dunked a few in some mustard and popped them in my mouth. Yum!! I could see turning to this recipe for an easy snack some Saturday night in front of the TV, along with a couple of beers.
Mini corn dogs - Here’s the lowdown:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray 24 mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix up a box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- Cut hot dogs in quarters
- Fill muffin tins half-full with cornbread batter
- Push a piece of hotdog into batter
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges